Thursday, May 26, 2016

Some Words, A Prayer

It’s been a while, and many a miles
No words written, of lost and found
Of tears shed, of ties cut
Of healing wounds and fading scars
And so it happens, so I’ve thought
Words are not the frivolous kind
They are borne not of a happy mind
Or rightly so, they aren’t just the leftovers
Of merriment and gaiety
Of contentedness and peace
They are rain to quench the desert,
The battered, arid heart
When every last drop of you
Is squeezed and spent
That is when they fill the void;
That is when they are truly meant:
I talk of mortals, mere, like me
Who are but at their mercy
And pay the price of tears,
Of pain and of fears
To feel their power surge
Through my heart, my veins
And not of Gods, who command
These words, and at their will
Unleash them from their reins
I humbly thank you, for your kindness
For your healing touch
Today when I am smiling
I can only thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment