Sunday, January 31, 2016

Snatches

A moment, a dime
A quick slice of time
A chance or a bet
Skip paying a debt
Sometimes, it’s the thrill
Of a lie or a kill
The power, the strings
A pull or a dip
A stitch there, a snip
I stole that from you
I had some, got new
It’s not that I am bad
But that moment I had
All that I could
More than I should
The thrill of the guilt
Maybe it’s how I am built
But the deed is now done
And damn was it fun
I know it was wrong
But the urge was too strong
And look now I know
Next time I’ll say no
But that mark that I made
Is the price I have paid
For those hidden scratches
I take payments in snatches
Of future hits
In pieces and bits
This is what I’ve become
Ever since I begun
This is now what I am
And what I shall be
Just lock up this secret
Let the door on it slam
And chain it and lock it
And hide what I am

2 comments:

  1. Secrets cannot remain locked up for too long ! Everyone has their reasons !

    ReplyDelete