Thursday, December 2, 2010

The little things you do

My thinking is kind of solenoidal, it usually lacks a source or sink...


Usually, the quotations in my blog posts are borrowed; the above however, is an original. I just came across it a couple of minutes back, I had totally forgotten saying (writing, actually) it, and it took me sometime to verify that I really had come up with it, since Google holds no account of anyone else saying the same, I can safely assume the originality of it, as Google is the place where I plagiarize (well, not really) from. Then I remembered how proud I was when I said it. It happens sometimes. I say things, and then just like Pali, who feels so proud of every drawing she has ever made, I kind of feel really happy. Like when I make those weird sketches, the doodling that I do in class, some of them look really beautiful. I am not an artist really, but I fall in love with some of the things I create. Like this post I had written sometime back, With You, Always, it’s my favourite and I was really happy when I wrote it. I waste a lot of time thinking about the things that make me sad, as is apparent in my blog, but I am amazed to see how little it takes to make me smile. Sometimes it’s the little things that I made or said; sometimes it’s a text message from a friend, a chocolate, all the nonsense my bhai-log come up with or sometimes when a child laughs. Just like now, when I was supposed to be studying for exams that have long gone beyond just knocking at my door, I was net-surfing, blog-reading and commenting and feeling sad about not studying, just then I came across the above quote and it made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. This comment of mine is a token of joy which I feel when I finally look at “happy” post from someone used to splash colours of melancholy all over the blogging-world (few exceptions don't count) !

    This day, I can finally see oxygen oozing out of the words, happiness in its most cherubic form, creativity with an ethereal finesse, the most “little” of things evoking the most pristine of exuberance ; one can go on and on unravelling the figments of the myriad emotions emanating from your words.

    Yet, being a selfish person that i am, the only thing I can dwell on right now is the immense happiness which engulfs me when I get apprised of someone close to me being so happy albeit with “little things” and I thank those little things for having fulfilled their reason for existence of bringing a smile to her face . Long ago , right here on your blog post, I had hoped for “the” catharsis and see some glimpse of it in the form of a genuinely “happy” blog. Then, I waited. It's finally over today. :)

    As always, all I can say is please keep giving these little things the jubilation of making you happy. It’s a symbiotic and causal relationship. Some quantities ought to be like the entropy of the universe. Your happiness is one of them.

    And as always, going by what I have seen you doing for the last 3 years - no point in studying , waste your time away to glory :P (nine point it will be this time )

    Theek hai phir Azel ! :)

    ReplyDelete