Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stars and Eyelashes..

We cannot wish for that we know not. 
-Voltaire         


There was a time when wishing upon a star I wished for Shahrukh Khan. There was a time when given a genie in a bottle, I’d ask for hair as long as my grandma and skin as fair as snow white. Shahrukh, I don’t want now; long hair and skin fair, been there and done that. 

That time, when wishes came true, I had nothing to wish for or perhaps lacked the wisdom to choose rightly. Now when I do, when all I do is think of what could have been and what should have been; now wishes seem to be fairy tales, fiction and non-scientific.

I remember the time when we had all camped on our terrace to witness the mesmerizing meteor showers. It was the time “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” had released. Had I wished for what I now want, maybe I’d be writing about something else now, maybe not.

Now when I wish upon a little eyelash, I wish wishes could come true, just like that.


Moral of the story: When the biggest concern in your life is your looks, be happy; because when that goes down your wish list then it means that you have grown up.


6 comments:

  1. My take is - keep wishing...wishes do come true...if you wish hard enough, all the physical forces will come together to make it happen - i recently saw a TED talk to that effect...

    Also, if you start wishing for things beyond your looks, to me it means you have climbed higher up in the value chain,not just grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”- Paulo Coelho

    "Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho,

    to poori kaaynat use tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai."
    - Shahrukh Khan, Om Shanti Om

    :)

    I assumed that one can prioritize, and after doing so if one can merely wish for better looks, then the person should be happy :)

    Yeah, It was a random thought, last night. Don't worry, I still believe
    in stars and eyelashes, lesser perhaps, but somewhat nonetheless.

    Problem is that as we grow up we learn that wishes don't come true, we need to make them come true.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uffff...fir se suru????? :x :x

    ReplyDelete