Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Birthday...







Happy Birthday =)





You’ve been such a special friend, felt like talking to you today. It’s been so long, I really miss our long chat sessions, when we used to talk about everything and nothing. Giving each other cricket score updates, movie reviews and talking about the times when you used to take classes =)


I remember seeing you for the first time with that bright orange bag of yours, you looked like such a kid, was pretty shocked to see that you’d be teaching us. Had heard from friends, “He’s our school senior, very very cute.” Well, that you are, seriously. The class was real fun, you had this contagious enthusiasm about you that got to everyone, people interested in studying, girls interested in you (yes, that was quite a number!) and even people interested in nothing. Was a fun class, we learnt and laughed, and never realised that your presence itself induced happiness.

Then, that class happened. Everyone one was making noise, and yeah I could see you were getting really pissed off. I was really trying hard to solve this particular circuit, while everyone around me was talking, screaming. Suddenly, i got the answer! “Yay!” I screamed, just when magically everyone else shut up. And you scolded me, in front of 100 other students. I was really really angry, and out of rebellion, didn’t attempt any other sum after that. Then one day, I told you, “You know I saw your profile on orkut.” You asked, ”Add kii mujhe?”, I replied, “Nahi, just saw.” I smiled and walked away. My little revenge taken, yet I always adored you as this really cute and enthusiastic teacher. Missed a few classes, told you the reason later, sorry again, it hurt me in the end.

But then, we became friends, gmail chatting all the time, I did finally make you say sorry for that class. Really regret the fact that I didn’t meet you to take the chocolates you brought for me from LA, that was really really sweet of you. Wish i’d gone, I’m so so stupid. But at least you ate them, some respite from mess food =)


Still am so proud that after our long long discussions on what you should say in an interview, how you should say it, you made it to such an awesome firm. I remember what you were going to say about yourself, and I had told you, “Are you in class 2.” Then after my suggestions you’d said, “Kuch funda hai tumko bhai.” Was so happy when you called to tell me that you had got the job and even gave me undeserved credit for it. Thank you. Although you haven’t given me a single treat out of the hundreds you promised.


We kept in touch while you moved to Mumbai, and m glad we did. Couldn’t wait to tell you that we’d come first this year in Centrifuge, Spring Fest. And your message after that, haha, your messages always bring a smile. Then I didn’t really get a chance to tell you that we came second by just 1 mark in IIM Calcutta, Carpe Diem. Was going to ping you but didn’t out of laziness.

And then, you went. 13th feb around midnight, I get a call that you are no more. I had just deleted your lone forward on my cell two days back, i was just going to ping you two days back. But i didn’t, and you went. I cried and cried, just hoping, that it’s a mistake, but it wasn’t. I wish had spoken with you that one last ttime, I just wish you hadn’t gone to Pune. I miss you Ankik Bhaiya. I miss you constantly telling me and all of us not to call you bhaiya. But you know what, I loved teasing you about Chanchal, and I loved calling you bhaiya. I miss you so so much, wish we could talk once more.

I just hope, you are happy wherever you are. I hope you get justice, You, Anindyee and Shilpa must get justice. I didn’t know them, I hope they’re with you and happy too. =) I hate those cowards for taking away an amazing guy, a person who was so down to earth, so cute, super smart, loved drams, football, cricket...life! I just wish you were here, and you’d keep telling me ki kya huha result kii main when i’d tell you my cgpa.... I just wish I could see you online again on Gtalk, I still have your number saved. Don’t want to delete it. I am sure I wasn’t one of your closest friends, but I don’t know why I miss you so so much. You were a part of a very important phase in my life, and we’ve talked so many times about it. That day, with you I lost so much from my life. Miss you Ankik Bhaiya, Love you.


P.S.:  Was crying throughout while writing this, and just remembered how once while chatting we were talking about me and how I didn’t study when I had to, and I started crying, and you got all nervous and said, “Arre please tum ro mat, rone se kuch nahi hoga, aage accha karna.” Wish you’d say that to me now, and I’d stop crying.






There's this pic of yours I really liked, the basketball one, couldn't find that. Had to remind you to keep changing your display pics, haha. =) You never read my blog, hope you read this post.  













1 comment:

  1. he will be definitely reading ur post from his heavenly abode!!! and sensing the love u have for him!!!

    ReplyDelete